donderdag 21 juli 2011

The long weekend


The long weekend
Thanks to Olga Quinn

When we got home from a trip out of town for a long weekend, our home had been broken into and burglarized. Several items were taken (the usual-- electronics, jewelry, silverware, etc.) and the whole house was ransacked. I have never felt so violated in my entire life. After the police left and we were able to straighten up enough to go to bed, I couldn’t sleep all night. One of the first things I did the next morning was to search Http://www.home-alarm-systems.com for a security system. I am still finding fingerprint dust from the police detectives and, of course, no one has been caught yet. We have racked our brains trying to figure out how anyone knew we were gone and why they picked our house. We just feel fortunate that no one was home and no one got hurt. I’ve heard other people say the worst part of an experience like this is knowing some stranger was going through-and touching-your things and I now understand how true that statement is. I don’t want to live my life being afraid but this has been an eye opener for us.

Geen opmerkingen: